VISIT HELSINKI VANTAA DAILY PHOTO

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Something Finnish 2: something pretty


Marimekko Corporation is a leading Finnish textile and clothing design company that was established in 1951. The company designs, manufactures and markets high-quality clothing, interior decoration textiles, bags and other accessories under the Marimekko brand, both in Finland and abroad. Official Homepage

The one above is a sling bag. Is this brand available in your cities?
Remember to stop by and play Bits and Pieces Quiz.

7 comments:

Eric said...

I haven't seen this brand before, but find it very cool! Will have to keep an eye out for it.

Mountainboy said...

I know someone who would be interested in these!

How about some classic Finnish curly Birch knives? I use Norwegian and Swedish knives but I could be conviced to change...

The Wellspring said...

This brand is not available here, but I know of it and have purchased it in the states. Our son had an adorable marimekko outfit when he was just a tiny baby and it was among my favorites. :)

Thanks for stopping by my new site. Do come again!

~Lisa

Unknown said...

Hmmm, nope I have not seen this brand in Singapore. Maybe I dont buy bags that often :-)

Kim said...

Summer of 2005 there was a Marimekko textile exihibit here at the Seattle Nordic Heritage Museum. I love Marimekko fabrics. When I lived in Berkeley, California, used to be able to buy scraps of it by the pound from the scrap bin at the Crate and Barrel outlet store on 4th Street (which sold the decorator fabric line on bolts by the yard).
-Kim

Sarah said...

I don't often see them around, but I love Marimekko fabrics! I wish I could get my hands on a bunch of regular Marimekko cotton for a quilt.

Meg said...

Always loved Marimekko colors. I don't know if I've seen any in New Zealand, however.