VISIT HELSINKI VANTAA DAILY PHOTO

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Something Finnish 1: something fishy


This item kinda looked rather fishy, the first time i saw it. In all my years living in this world (which is more than 2 decades), I've never come across a can opener like this. It seems it is a finnish design. It might be small but it works as efficiently as the other convenential can openers.
Play my Bits and Pieces Quiz, and win yourself something finnish but not maybe not this 'fishy' item. ;-)

4 comments:

Meg said...

I hate to admit, but I've been around a bit longer than 2 decades, and I used something like this in my youth... The sharp part was on a hinge and so it folded back, I think.

pennyblack said...

hello,
thanks for your visit.
the only can opener i own is this same design but with a handle on it. a little more work than with a regular one but it gets the job done.

Jing said...

finnish can openner??
cool....

jing
www.shanghaidailyphoto.com

Mountainboy said...

A similar item was issued with British Army ration packs before 'boil in the bag' - very efficient!