VISIT HELSINKI VANTAA DAILY PHOTO

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

DP Theme Day: Something that is about to disappear soon


31 October '06
Hi all,
How have you all been? I'm fine. I'm Maple and I think it has been 2 months since I last wrote. I've especially asked to write for this DP theme day: Something that is about to disappear soon. I feel honoured to have my letter published as this theme day is a DP family event that happens monthly on the first of the month.

Well, I have enclosed a current picture of myself and as you can see I have shed all me leaves except for a handful. It is only a matter of days before all the remaining leaves disappear. Well that is my life and it is time for me to rest.
I'm not saddened by the bare look that is upon me because I'll have snowflakes adorning me thereafter.

I'll keep my letter short as I was told that there will be other blogsites participating in this theme day. Make sure to visit all and have a look at the things that are to disappear soon. Will keep in touch
Yours sincerely
Maple
Previous Letter from Maple

p.s. This was taken at 7am yesterday(31.10) It started to snow later in the day.

Other sites participating in the theme day
Porto -Seattle WA USA (Kim) -London, UK -Greenville, SC -Albuquerque, NM (USA) -St Paul Kate -ShangHai, China -Phoenix, Az -Twin Cities, MN -Sequim, WA -Stayton, OR, USA -Bandung (Indonesia) -Dallas, USA -Stavanger (Norway) -Singapore (zannnie) -Budapest (Hungary) -Paris (France) -Tuzla (BiH) -Melbourne, (Aust.) -Auckland, New Zealand -Singapore (Raymond) -Dubai UAE (DXBluey) -Vantaa, Finland -Oshawa, Ontario, Canada -St. Paul MN Carol -Singapore (Keropok) -Delta Colorado, USA -Rotterdam (Netherlands -Queens, NY (USA) -Tenerife (Spain) -Santiago (Chile) -Nelson, New Zealand -( Japan ) -Hyde (UK) -Sydney (Sally) -Manila, Philippines -Aliso Viejo, CA (USA) -Nottingham UK -Brussels, Belgium -Sharon, CT (USA) -Sydney Australia (Nathalie) -Edinburgh, Scotland -Evry, France -San Diego, CA (USA) -Santa Clara, CA (USA) -Saarbrücken, Germany -Joplin, MO (USA) -Indianapolis,IN (USA) -Trujillo (Peru) -Barcelona (Spain) -Berlin (Germany) -

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you maple! I'm going to 'branch' out and see some other entries now, so I'll just leaf it at that! Bye.

Sally said...

But far not, maple. . . You will re-appear!

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Profound thoughts Mr. Maple. Interesting approach kaa.

Ham said...

Strange - its been so warm that most trees have not shed their leaves yet, and I'm getting worried about there being enough snow in the Alps for christmas skiing. Could you send some down, please?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mapes,

Maybe you wouldn't be dissapearing if you weren't "leaving" all the time. Hahaha, wow, that was really lame. Your post wasn't. Happy theme day...sorry for the absense of Halloween over there.
Cheers,
Mr. Pine

Anonymous said...

interesting disappearance =)

Denton said...

I really like the "previous letter from Maple". Your since of humor is enjoyable ... Carlos, I would have thought Maple was a she not a he!

Meg said...

Great post! I'm glad it's just the leaves and not the tree itself, disappearing.

Eric said...

Dear Monsieur ou Madame Maple...
Thank you for sharing your inner most thoughts with us DP bloggers. You have brought some originality to our theme day.

Felicia said...

Very clever! Hope you have a good winter and don't lose too many branches.

Kim said...

Fun and clever post! Thanks for this!
-Kim

Ineke said...

Hi Maple, hope without the leaves you're not catching a cold with this snow coming up, but then again, i guess you're used to it.

Anonymous said...

very smart post.:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Maple, your friends here in Sharon, CT, share your sadness at losing their clothes - they too are naked and cold!

Gerald (SK14) said...

Who said trees don't talk?

Of course they do.

Anonymous said...

Maple oh Maple, dun worry, you would be back glorious in your foliage in the coming months.

kaa said...

thanx for all the lovely comments. and of cos Maple is most defintely a lady. hope we hear from her again.

GiuCe said...

threes have a lot of stories... while, they are waiting for their leaves

Mountainboy said...

Wonder if leaves have a competition to see who can hang on the longest, or maybe I've drank too much Vimto tonight...

Anonymous said...

This way is fun...kaa! You made this theme day more interesting with such creativity!

Have a wonderful and warm winter!